Wörth am Main is located in a thickly wooded region of the nature park "Bayerischer Odenwald" and has many hiking trails. The Martinskapelle chapel was founded by the Franconians and was a missionary centre for the Odenwald region. The Catholic parish church contains an altar from 1485. The shipping museum, das Schiffsbau- und Schifffahrtsmuseum, is in the former St. Wolfgang church. It presents the historic development of shipping on the Main.
Region: Obergermanischer Limes
Until 150 AD the Main Limes (older Main line) ended here and the Limes continued in the Odenwald. In the numerus fort north of the centre of Wörth troops were stationed to control the strategically important sites.
Bavarian State Conservation Office – Landesstelle für die nichtstaatlichen Museen & Bavarian State Archaeological Collection with the support of the Bayerische Sparkassenstiftung