The numerus fort is located in the northeast of the old centre of Trennfurt, between the Trennfurter Straße (B 469) the railroad tracks. There has not been any construction in the area.
Only the surrounding walls of the stone fort (0.6 hectares) have
been found. The praetorian front at the east has been damaged by
the rail bank. Stray finds indicate that the vicus was
located at the south of the fort.
The dedication altar, built into the entry of the church, is dedicated to Jupiter, Silvanus and Diana and names a wood-cutting commando of the 22nd legion that was stationed in Mainz.
Probably originally an earth-and-timber construction, expanded in stone. Dedication altar of a wood-cutting commando, 212 AD.
Category: fortlet, secondary find site
Stone fort, 06 hectares; surrounding wall. Secondary find site of a Roman stone.
Current State: No later construction above the area. Meadows and farmed fields. The area of the fort is not recognizable. It is limited at the east by the road "Am Bahndamm".
Monument Protection: Yes - UNESCO World Heritage Site, 2005
Research: The excavation led by W. Conrady as part of the Reichs-Limeskommission's research in 1900 could only partially uncover the fort. The goal was to determine the perimeters. Nothing is known about the interior area.
Bavarian State Conservation Office – Landesstelle für die nichtstaatlichen Museen & Bavarian State Archaeological Collection with the support of the Bayerische Sparkassenstiftung