The fort bath lies 50m southeast of the cohort fort Miltenberg Altstadt and to the west of the street leading from the "porta principalis dextra", along which the vicus was located. The antique street is more or less identical with todays Altstadtweg.
The bath is a multi-room stone complex. At its northeast side, along the antique street, there was a protruding apodyterium with a timber frame. Dedication altars and two statues of Fortuna were found. Floor heating and plastered walls are typical of the time.
Period 2 (stone building phase, according to Beckmann 2004, 47). Medieval use has been proven by a level.
Bath with hypocausts; post holes of an adjacent timber framed building
Current State: The northeastern fundaments of the bath buildings have been conserved. They were cut through by the railroad tracks.
Monument Protection: Yes - UNESCO World Heritage Site, 2005
Research: During the construction of the railroad dam in 1878, the buildings' walls were cut into and laid bare. The railroad engineer Max Scherer drafted a ground plan. Succeeding excavations by B. Beckmann from 1970-76 revealed other functions of the rooms.
Bavarian State Conservation Office – Landesstelle für die nichtstaatlichen Museen & Bavarian State Archaeological Collection with the support of the Bayerische Sparkassenstiftung